Do you want to become an analytics ninja riding a stallion of perfectly defined segments and insights? Then a good place to start is the Google Analytics IQ Exam. (Also known as GAIQ). The google analytics iq exam 2015 is a bit trickier to prepare for considering that alot of information on the web is from 2012. Or even worse, 2010! But follow these steps and you’ll be golden for the test!
Step 1: Take the courses in the Google Analytics Academy.
Go to the Analytics Academy and watch the following courses:
- “Digital Analytics fundamentals.” (Take a page of notes).
- “Google Analytics Platform Principles.” (Take another page of notes)
- “Ecommerce Analytics: From Data to Decisions” (This course brings home the idea of “segmentation” and shows you a case study on how GA can really help. Don’t miss this one!)
Step 2: Discover Avinash Kaushik.
Go to this post and learn the idea of Dimensions vs. Metrics. This concept is vitally important and this post will teach you all you need to know, make sure you do the following:
- Understand what a Dimension is.
- Understand what a Metric is.
- Understand what Session level means.
- Understand what hit level means.
- Make a list of hit level dimensions and session level dimensions.
- Make a list of hit level metrics and session level metrics.
Step 3: Watch YouTube videos on the Analytics interface.
- All the side bar tabs and what is contained within each.
- What you can see and do in all of the sidebar tabs and sub-tabs.
- How to add dimensions to a table.
- How to sort tables by metrics.
Step 4: Get all the resources ready to take the exam:
This post would not be complete without giving you a list of references to have open during the exam. Personally, the only things I used were google search and the Analytics Academy. but here are some things to have open:
Step 5: Feel confident about your ability to pass and start the exam.
To take the exam go here: https://www.google.com/partners/ . Do as much searching and learning as you need in order to feel confident that you will pass the exam. Some information about the test and how to pass:
- You get 90 minutes.
- There are 70 questions.
- Don’t get more than 14 wrong.
- If you don’t know an answer, just be logical.
- If you can’t be logical, trust your gut.
- Keep track of how many you are confident you got wrong, but don’t freak out if it’s getting high.
- Pass the google analytics IQ exam!
- Email everyone you know and brag that you passed.
- Become a supermodel analyst.
If you’ve done everything in this post and found extra resources on your own, you will be more than ready to pass the exam!
Good luck and don’t forget that you are a hero!
My Test Score
Minutes to Complete
What do you think are good resources that I left out?
What’s the best resource you’ve used to pass this test?
How was your experience taking the exam?